Colleen Coyne, a former member of the U.S. women's ice hockey team, earned a gold medal at the 1998 Winter Games. And in a post at the HubSpot blog, she outlines how the keys to Olympic success apply to your work in marketing.
1. Don't train harder, train smarter
2. Success is a decision
3. Plan the work
4. Work the plan
5. Be in position to be in position ie anticipate the possibilities and make sure you are prepared to take advantage of them.
6. Nobody cares what you want, they care what you do
7. Hang out with & watch the pros
8. If you are not getting better, you're getting worse - There is no such thing as "maintenance" in business. Everything you do (or don't do) contributes to your level of success.
Click here to read the full post.