Monday, February 11, 2008

Networking - Ecademy

I assumed that the majority of people on Ecademy were there to build a network that would enable them to make business contacts.

People like to buy, not be sold. People buy from people. Who would buy from someone whose first contact with you is to deliver a sales pitch for a service that, had they taken the trouble to read your profile, location, visit your website, they would have known that neither you nor your clients were likely to need.

When someone takes the trouble to write a greeting to someone where there is a mutual connection why lack the courtesy to reply ?

I wrote a testimonial for one person - I wish I hadn't - they never bothered to write to say thank you.

Question: what are your experiences on Ecademy ? am I being naive expecting people to generally be polite ?

No comments: