Monday, March 17, 2008

Aiming High

When I was a very young child I collected autographs (sad eh ?). My headmistress wrote in my autograph book "Aim High - Be the Best you Know". This was rather different than the stuff my little friends had written and many years were to go by before I understood the significance of it.Recently I checked the internet for other people's words on a similar theme. Here are some of them:

Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star. (W. Clement Stone)

A soul without a high aim is like a ship without a rudder. (Eileen Caddy)

Pursue one great decisive aim with force and determination. (Karl Von Clausewitz)

Having an aim is the key to achieving your best. (Henry J. Kaiser)

If you would hit the mark, you must aim a little above it. (Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)

To follow, without halt, one aim: that's the secret of success. (Anna Pavlova)

Whatever YOUR aim is - dare to aim for it.

No comments: